SOLVED

Can't Unenroll for Windows Insider Program

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to unroll the Windows Insider program. 

When I go to:

Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program > Stop Insider Preview
I see here 2 links: "Unenroll this device immediately" -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc7#C...

and "leave the program" -> https://insider.windows.com/en-us/leave-program

In the first, It says to me how to "reinstall windows 11", something I won't do....

and the second I see "This email address is not registered as a Windows Insider. "

I'm in a loop...

Who could help me with this, please?

Thanks!!

9 Replies

@raees1191 I read that with this new update Insiders was supposed to give you the chance to go back to one of the other channels the beta or the review.

best response confirmed by raees1191 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@raees1191 

Hello, unfortunately, but if you are in the Beta channel, or Dev. it's just a deregistration - it won't remove the already installed Insider version.

Don't worry that your address is causing the problem - this is quite common.

the only solution is a clean installation of Windows10,or Windows11 = to have a stable version of Windows , you need to make copies of your files - because even the applications will be deleted.

during the installation you need to select NOTHING (only then you will reinstall)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Troubleshooting - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

@Deleted
You are right, I did the clean reinstall of windows 10 and system is much stable now.

I also want to clean install windows 11 but not able to download iso file from Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com) (of everything preserved) and displays error message while downloading english US language. help me

@A1 

rohithzp_0-1676143279471.png

same error

@A1  update: now able to download in another browser.

if I download iso file of windows 11, will it help for clean install of windows 11 for stop receiving windows 11 insider updates?

Yes. :thumbs_up:

@rohithzp 

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

Yes, of course, but, it is best to create a USB installation media.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by raees1191 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@raees1191 

Hello, unfortunately, but if you are in the Beta channel, or Dev. it's just a deregistration - it won't remove the already installed Insider version.

Don't worry that your address is causing the problem - this is quite common.

the only solution is a clean installation of Windows10,or Windows11 = to have a stable version of Windows , you need to make copies of your files - because even the applications will be deleted.

during the installation you need to select NOTHING (only then you will reinstall)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Troubleshooting - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post