Can't fix problem with Windows Insider Program account

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone.

For several days now I keep getting an error when I attempt to fix a problem with my Windows Insider account. The screen shows below information (same as attached screenshot):

Your Windows Insider account requires attention to get Insider Preview builds. 

As soon as I hit "Fix the problem" I get a message for a split of second saying "Loading. This won't take long." and it changes to "Something went wrong. We aren't able to talk to our service right now. Please try again later."

I am registered for the Insider Program and have tried several solutions that I've found on the Internet (registry keys change/add keys, start Windows Services, created new Windows profile with admin rights) - no luck.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

12 Replies

@A1 

As stated above, I am registered for the Insider Program and that website tells me that.

This is a computer managed by your organization - so you don't have enough permissions. it is best to have a personal computer to test.

Where did you find this information about my computer managed by an organization? Because the screenshot is cropped and says something about Insider Program for Business, it does not necessarily mean my W10 is a business version. 

There doesn't have to be any business version - just syncing your device with your organization - or a student version of the system and that's causing me problems
of course, it's worth checking out

My asset does not synch with any organization and it's not a student's Windows version.
Hopefully you have some advanced troubleshooting steps on your hands now, rather than just bumping your posts counter.

@MieCiaN 

Troubleshooting - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs
Troubleshooting tips

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/troubleshooting

Ok Andrzej, just forget it. You really think those are helpful at all? And you think I didn't run across them while I was Googling how to actually solve this issue?

Dzięki za nic.

Thank you
Good luck

@MieCiaN 

Hey guys,

I was trying to resolve this problem forever until a light bulb went off in my head! The message says exactly what the problem is, the computer cannot access the service. I have a huge HOSTS file blocking all kinds of ad and malware sites and quite possibly the service they're trying to access. As soon as I renamed my HOSTS and put back the original one, the problem went away and I was able to get W11.

Hope this helps.. Good luck!

Thank you for this! Reading your post, I realized my pi-hole ad blocker was probably the culprit. Disabled and voila!