SOLVED

Camera doesn't work in windows insider program

Copper Contributor

My camera doesn't work in windows 11 22543. I am using a surface book 2. I will post the error code below.Screenshot 2022-02-08 190212.png

Specs-

Device name Private

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Device ID Private

Product ID Private

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview

Version Dev

Installed on ‎1/‎28/‎2022

OS build 22543.1000

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22543.1000.0

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Sliseal0324 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Suggest you to check Camera drivers and make sure they're working else reinstall them. If issue still persists, wait for the next build to arrive. Meanwhile, report this problem via Feedback hub app.
Hello,
Try press "Winkey + R" then run with "devmgmt.msc" to open up Device Manager then check whether there is a exclamation on Camera. If yes better to download and install the Camera drivers from MS site.

@Little_Joe I contacted MS support after this and I got the reply saying you would need to reinstall windows because the windows insider program is not responsible or something? I forgot what the agent said but something like that. I reinstalled windows and now it's working! unfortunately lost all data :( Anyways, thanks!

@Kapil Arya I contacted MS support after this and I got the reply saying you would need to reinstall windows to fix the issue by the surface recovery method. They said because the windows insider program is not responsible or something, they won't take care of the lost data I knew that however when I was flighting and now my PC is working after going to Win10 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, Win1121H2, finally, back to windows 11 22543. As for the new build, they said it'll likely not fix the issue. I really hope they'll bring a new update today or tomorrow because I'm hoping that there will be a new feature because they took one week of saying that the build is a WIP.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sliseal0324 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Suggest you to check Camera drivers and make sure they're working else reinstall them. If issue still persists, wait for the next build to arrive. Meanwhile, report this problem via Feedback hub app.

View solution in original post