Calendar events disappeared from taskbar in Windows 11 insider build

Iron Contributor

I am on the following windows build:

Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎07/‎2021
OS build 22000.100
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 421.18901.0.3

In Windows 10, the taskbar calendar used to show events of the day. That has disappeared in Windows 11. Is there a way to enable this?

83 Replies
Are you sure?
1) The calendar behind the link is tied to mobile devices
2) I doubt it's possible to integrate external app to show events inside windows notifications panel.

The main idea to have quick way to see (and also add) events like it was in Win10. In case we just need workaround to "somehow" see the events - no one disallow us to pin even built-in calendar to task bar and open it :)

I have been using it for my Windows 11 laptop, and I pinned it to my taskbar.

@melcee 
So you can see upcoming events right here, in notifications bar after clicking on date? (see attachment)
Cause I've also pinned the calendar app to task bar, but it absolutely not the same as it was before in terms of convenience.

UPD: here is the screenshot about how it looked like in Windows 10
https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/26a8d627-10ae-4d74-bab4-bcbd268a2870?up...

@melcee
This is good but does not work well

@kishorehari Just downgrade back to windows 10. Immediately I upgraded and saw the calendar was messed up, I reverted back. Not ready to deal with such a downgrade :\

y'all are missing out on this app: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P2B3PLJXH3V i tried installing the free trial, works like a charm. you just have to link your account to the microsoft calendar like you always do and everything happens like clockwork. your events will be synced as it should be.

i have a hunch the one who created the app is a microsoft SE because the app feels and looks like an official microsoft product. i don't know how long the free trial is though but i will surely buy the app cuz its so cheap
It's a shame that this has to come from a third-party developer, but this app is great!

@bcr27 

Yeah, this one looks like great!
Unfortunately, developer says it not works well with other calendar providers (e.g. google) in terms of sync, which is crucible for me :( 

Hope it will get fixed eventually

Man i hope they do. The calendar is so useless now
Add back te ability to view the days agenda to the taskbars calendar
Why in Windows 11 with the taskbar showing clock and date, when you click it you then have to click again to drop down the calendar, why ? maybe we should create it 5 level deep of clicking, sorry that my whole feel to windows 11, click narrow down then click again. if one was to click on the time & clock in the corner, pretty sure most people are looking to see the calendar, but yet you have to click again. not like there a limit amount of space vertically!!
so foolish they make you click a second time, like what other reason am I here for, Oh and look the vertical space is endless, bu we have to compress and click.

@SnidePebbles Good morning,

There is a program called Explorer Patcher that can revert your taskbar back to the way it was in Windows 10 for free :) 

Not sure how long that will work out with new builds, anyways Happy New Year!

Shawn

@Saywhaaattt I 100% agree, having to go somewhere else then just clicking on date/time in the bottom of my screens should produce the calendar and the timezones I have populated.  This is NOT an upgrade - it's loss of functionality. 

Wanted to confirm that the solution from @brc27 is the best one so far. It's the Calendar Flyout app in the Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P2B3PLJXH3V) even if it does cost $1.70. But wanted to give a couple of tips if you go that route:

It does in fact only sync to your Windows Calendar, which initially shows only events from your microsoft account, but that's OK because you can sync your Windows Calendar to other accounts like Google or other Outlook/Office 365 accounts, and then those will show up on Calendar Flyout. I synced two separate business Office 365 calendars and my Google calendar this way. From the Windows Calendar app, click on hamburger (to show the sidebar) > Settings Icon > Manage Accounts > Add the accounts you want.

In my case, I did not want all my emails or contacts from these other accounts in the the Windows email app, just my calendars, so that Calendar Flyout could show them. And so I had to take another step to unsync the mail/contacts. Follow these instructions:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-only-calendar-data-in-my-google-account-w...

FINAL STEP: To bring Calendar Flyout into the system tray so it's always visible, you need to pin it in your system tray. When the app runs, it's already in the system tray, but you need to exapnd the system tray, grab the Calendar Flyout icon, then drag it to the taskbar portion of the tray. Below is a GIF to demonstrate. Also, be sure your settings on Calendar Flyout are set to Run at Startup. You can also setup a keyboard shortcut in its settings.

Calendar Flyout.gif

@Everyone
The calendar works just fine in win 11. Pin to task bar for ease of use. change settings in Settings/Apps and the notifications appear in the bottom right corner as it does in previous versions.
Screenshot 2023-04-21 133714.gif

Type "calendar" in Start search and you'll get a calendar form to fill in date/time/event. etc.

@bcr27, what app? Can you give a name or other description in case a link breaks?

@Debbie_Faddis625 If you throw a grenade it is not a good idea to stand where it lands.