Bluescreen/Greenscreen DRIVERS_IRQL_OT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Copper Contributor

Hauckie_0-1706281533040.png

Hauckie_1-1706281564740.png

Hello everyone,
For a few weeks now, I have constantly had blue or green screens and the PC restarts.
All drivers are up to date, the memory has been checked and is fine and the system seems to be fine.
No new hardware has been installed
Today Microsoft Support had a look (chat 7033454968) but without success. The problem was not found or fixed.

I am now contacting you because I do not want to reinstall or delete the system due to the loss of data.

Who can help me

Thank you in advance

18 Replies
Windows Insider is under testing and development and such issues are expected.
Make sure report this issue using the Feedback Hub app and upload dump files there.
Does this problem persists in the Clean Boot too?

@Hauckie  

You're in the Canary channel, so official support is unlikely to help in this case.

Maybe another update will fix that. 

Bug Check 0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows drivers | Microsoft Learn

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26020 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

@Reza_Ameri yes this problem also occurs after a restart and it is almost daily and it is annoying.

@A1-A1 

Yes, it would be nice if this problem could finally be fixed.
But at the moment not even the updates work because the system stops during the installation and you have to reset everything again.

At the moment there is a big worm in there

Try update to the latest build and see if problem persists?
Also try performing Clean Boot and see if the problem persists?

@Reza_Ameri 

The current Windows update crashes or freezes during installation.

The new ISO is only for a new installation and unfortunately I can't use it.

I can only install it when there is an update version. Until then I will have to live with the system crashes.

Have you tried the Clean Boot?
If yes, what was the result?
In addition, you may ask your question on:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

@Reza_Ameri Unfortunately I cannot install a clean boot version, only an upgrade version, otherwise I would lose all my data

@Hauckie 

Hi, clarification - it's not about a fresh install of Windows, just a limited boot and loading the basic drivers and then trying to update, but if you've never done it then I don't recommend it because it's sometimes difficult to go back to the default settings.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support 

I found an interesting tip - the suggestion is to downgrade the driver, what do you think?

Stop error message: 

Stop error message: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "USER_MODE_HEALTH_MONITOR"

Stop error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - Windows Server | Microsoft Learn

@A1-A1 I have tried to install the update but the system freezes during the installation after the restart.
As before, the Clean Windows System did not help.

Let me clarify, Clean Boot is not Windows installation but is a Windows mode which Windows will run with minimum services. You will NOT lose any data and some of services will be disabled to test and you may enable them. Have a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

@Hauckie  

I received a question in a private message, but I'll answer here to make it helpful maybe for others.

Releasing Windows 11 Builds 22621.3371 and 22631.3371 to the Release Preview Channel | Windows Insid...

To install this version you need to do a clean install of the stable version of Windows - are you ready for that?

Thanks but I can't reinstall because otherwise all my data, pictures etc. will be deleted. The damage would be far too great

@Hauckie 

Unfortunately, installing a lower version of Windows is only possible in this way.

@A1-A1 then I will have to continue to wait for another solution

This Article goes into detail about what the error means and some things to check in order to fix the Problem. There are many things that can cause this issue from Bad Software Installation to Failing Hardware. Hopefully this article will help you find a suitable solution.
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-irql-not-less-or-equal-errors-windows