SOLVED

biometric drivers are missing in device manager.

Copper Contributor

biometric drivers are missing in device manager. this problem was occur after i updated to windows 11. so, there is bugs related drivers, please refer this issue. 

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Rudra29 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try check for Update and see if they are being offered using the Windows Update.
If not, try visit your device manufacturer website and download the driver for Windows 10 or the latest driver.
Make sure report this issue using the Feedback Hub app.
yeah i got it @Reza_Ameri thank you. but, still got confused, why that driver disappeared suddenly from device manager
Welcome, it really depends, in some cases drivers is not compatible and prevent Windows installation and Windows will uninstall it. Sometimes driver is there but it is not working. In any case, because it is insider and is under testing and evaluations such issue are expected and when you file a report Windows team would be able to investigate and fix it.

@Reza_Ameri My biometric device is also not shown in the device manager and it is showing that "there is no fingerprint scanner compatible" in the sign-in options. I checked for updates but there are none. This problem is after I updated to windows 11.

You may try visit your device's manufacturer website and download and install the latest driver.

my finger print scanner is not compatible window and  unavailable finger print and facial recognition ?

both is not working on window 11 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rudra29 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try check for Update and see if they are being offered using the Windows Update.
If not, try visit your device manufacturer website and download the driver for Windows 10 or the latest driver.

View solution in original post