Audio and mic do not work & loops on update Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Copper Contributor

I have several issues:

* Since i bought this laptop, it keeps looping on a an update 21H2, I have tried to download it a million times and it still keeps telling me the same;

* My audio stops working;

* My mic stops working.

I am even considering selling or deleting the whole thing out of frustration. 

Can somebody help me trough this please? I want to be able to have my meetings without stress.

6 Replies

@Maria2022 

Hi
I suggest you download the updates in the Microsoft Store, then restart your computer, clear the cache, sign in to Edge with your Microsoft account and enable sync, then check in the privacy settings if the applications have access to the microphone?

Hi @A1 ,

Thank you for your reply. I issued the updates. What I did was using the Lenovo software to update and until now it looks fine. I did this before and it worked for a while and after it was gone again. I do not know if it is because of the Lenovo software that is on the laptop. It is driving me nuts! Lets see what happens.

@Maria2022 

If there are still errors, you can uninstall Lenovo Vantage - I always remove it, write what you think?

Yeah, I tried that before, and that was one of the reasons my laptop started acting up. The moment I installed everything again it began to work ''normally'' for now. I do now know how long it will last. I issued this to Lenovo and they told me that I needed to contact MS. LOLOLOL. Looping forever :')
And of course not to forget the ever looping issue I have with the update that does NOT want to install. It remains there like forever. I get crazy.

2022-01 Preview cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based systems (KB5009596)

I know I am making an eneymy now maybe but I miss my MacBook :') hahaha

@Maria2022 

Yes but this update is optional x64 (KB5009596) so don't worry if you don't install.
there are a lot of submissions, but this can be ignored at the moment.

Troubleshoot problems updating Windows (microsoft.com)