SOLVED

Anticheat compatibility games

Brass Contributor
I play alot of games in my windows 10 pc I'm insider I got problem before with easyanticheat its resolved currently and now I deal with battleeye anticheat system not working with rainbow six siege and new ghost recon breakpoint it had beta twice it not working same with retail release in uplay+ service windows can't access it its unstable for games that anticheat software can't work with windows 10 insider
Thanks for reading
32 Replies
Hey there,
during the time I was on fast ring before build 1903, I've had the same problem,
right now on build 20H1 the problem still exists.
(R6 Siege, Fortnite, Crew 2 etc)

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/10/03/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

"There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future."

Battle Eye could collaborate with Microsoft and fix it but just like the previous build, they will wait until the RTM is close and then make their Anti cheat system Compatible.

when I asked Ubisoft on Steam forums about the same issue, they answered me that they only support Final versions of Windows. so no insider and beta. that wasn't what I expected to hear from them but it's the sad truth..

so I ended up dual booting. 1 OS was insider and the other OS was stable to play games.

hope this helps :)
I post it in feedback hub bug reports on battleeye anti cheat there no response from Microsoft teams on my reports easyantìcheat is functional this should pass forward on battleeye
Thanks
Yes i think we should mention it in battle eye forums too (if any) because they're the ones that need to make the decision to make their anti cheat compatible with Windows insider versions in addition to the Windows stable versions
Many games used battleeye anticheat they need make it compatible with windows insider the games are useless right now until they fix compatibility with anticheat systems
Yeah I know, it's something BattleEye should do, but for now the best way is to dual boot your OS with a stable version
That too much for the HD right now I will wait until they fix it
Can be used in virtual machines in games?
Unless you have a workstation graphic card (like AMD Firepro or Nvidia Quadro), you won't get any desired results out of Virtual Machine gaming..because those 2 companies put such technologies in their more expensive cards that are mostly used in industries.

though you can convert your current Windows insider OS into a VM (without losing any file or reinstall) and then install Windows 10 1903 over it.
so you will be running your Windows insider OS in a VM on Hyper-V (preferred) or VMware workstation and then your host OS (physical one) will be Windows 10 1903 which is stable and you can play your games on it :)

I also should mention that once you convert your physical Windows insider OS to Virtual Machine, you will STILL be able to run that VM as a physical OS and boot it normally outside Hyper-V, it's called Native boot.
I think I will wait until this sort out my GPU is geforce 1060 6gb and I still stuck how to create network to hyper v i use Oracle virtual box and vmware network is working I will do later another hardware upgrade for my pc to increase CPU and GPU capacity because I use alot because of windows 10 insider for now I can still play games I got also xbox one s and x
Yeah that's a good decision, you've got Xbox one X and S so you're all good ;)
hit me up later if need help with Hyper-V
Yeah Microsoft and battleeye has time to fix the anticheat until the next windows 10 insider builds
best response confirmed by snakehunter1765 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Yeah of course, I'm sure it's fixed already for the upcoming build 1909 and there is approximately 6 months left until build 2001
Microsoft is close to fix the anticheat compatibility battleeye anticheat soon play many games that is missing its gameplay let's wait for it
Sounds good :)
Yeah I its should arrive to build 20h1 19000 something I guess that means last know issue anticheat software is resolved soon I wait to find out and I currently installing 18999 now takes to install as always Microsoft need to improve installation times I don't like long installs takes too long
I think it's because of creating Windows.old folder and backing up data. I always remove that folder after restart cause it just takes space.
do you use SSD or HDD for your Windows partition?
Got ssd 480 GB Kingston previous ssd was 120 GB patriot blast wasn't enough for it so the Kingston ssd 480 is enough for windows 10 insider can handle it better then before I had to upgrade the ssd drive I almost finished to upgrade windows 10 insider build to new one
Let me check that is weird raise awareness to Microsoft on this asap this is critical issue

@snakehunter1765 

@snakehunter1765 wrote:
Got ssd 480 GB Kingston previous ssd was 120 GB patriot blast wasn't enough for it so the Kingston ssd 480 is enough for windows 10 insider can handle it better then before I had to upgrade the ssd drive I almost finished to upgrade windows 10 insider build to new one

Nice, good stuff

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by snakehunter1765 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Yeah of course, I'm sure it's fixed already for the upcoming build 1909 and there is approximately 6 months left until build 2001

View solution in original post