Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22518

MVP

"Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22518 to the Dev Channel."

TL;DR

• This build will not be offered to ARM64 PCs due to an issue that causes these devices to rollback when attempting to update to this build. We’re working on a fix.
  • This build has several new features for Windows Insiders to try out including Spotlight collection backgrounds, an updated entry point for Widgets with weather, and voice access.
  • We’re making it easier to install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) from the Microsoft Store.
    This build includes some general changes including updates to the input switcher.
  • We also have a good set of fixes but a few new known issues – please read these sections below!
    Yesterday, we released the redesigned Notepad to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. See this blog post for all the details.

More info: Windows Blog

1 Reply

@nuno silvaThis build has made my QEMU Windows 11 VM totally unworkable - major performance degradation.  Prior to this update, the performance was not on par with Windows 10, but at least I was able to perform functions such as using Outlook to get to my email.  I've had to deploy another Windows 10 VM in order to get back to a productive state.

I've used the Feedback Hub in the Windows 11 VM but even that took a long while to submit - I nearly abandoned the process.

For now, I've shutdown the VM as it was causing host PC to crawl too due to high load average.