Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21343

MVP

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21343 (RS_PRERELEASE) to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.

Make sure to read more in Windows insider Blog:

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/03/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-213...

15 Replies
Getting DPC_WATCHDOG error at 48% final installation after long wait. All dev builds after 21327 fail to install for me. 21327 also gave DPC_WATCHDOG error but installed on retry. 21343 fails on retry with DPC_WATCHDOG error and reversion to 21327.

@HotCakeX 

I am facing "There is an issue in this build that may result in Search crashing on launch for some Insiders. We are working on a fix.", which is kept after the search bar content came back.

it including the setting page of "searching windows" crashing and search indexing is turned off.

Not a fan of the new icons but it's good to see that the file explorer is gradually changing.

@noeladams 

Hi,

the blog post mentions that bug check is fixed but you need a way to transition to that build to get that fix, but since there is no ISO for it, i suggest performing a reset from cloud (deleting data from Windows installation drive) and after it try to update to 21343 again.

if that still fails, or you want to skip that step, you will have to install Windows 10 stable build and then upgrade it straight to 21343.

@MiniciBI 

@MiniciBI wrote:

@HotCakeX 

I am facing "There is an issue in this build that may result in Search crashing on launch for some Insiders. We are working on a fix.", which is kept after the search bar content came back.

it including the setting page of "searching windows" crashing and search indexing is turned off.

Yes as you said it's a known issue, so lets wait for a fix :)

I'm personally not experiencing that issue.

@Beko 

@Beko wrote:
Not a fan of the new icons but it's good to see that the file explorer is gradually changing.

the folder icons are now consistent with the folder icons in Edge's favorites list, both of them are horizontal :)

@HotCakeX It's only me or boot time get longer about ~3/4x on NVME in the new update?

Thank you HotCakeX,

I built an iso using UUP and installed build 21343 successfully. It still waited a long time at 48% , the screen turned off and on, a bit more time at 48% then continued normally. I notice that this build takes longer to login after entering pin.

Thanks again,

Noeladams.

@komuh 

@komuh wrote:

@HotCakeX It's only me or boot time get longer about ~3/4x on NVME in the new update?

task manager startup tab says my boot time is 10.3 which is like before

@noeladams 

@noeladams wrote:
Thank you HotCakeX,

I built an iso using UUP and installed build 21343 successfully. It still waited a long time at 48% , the screen turned off and on, a bit more time at 48% then continued normally. I notice that this build takes longer to login after entering pin.

Thanks again,

Noeladams.

One of the Win insider developers on Twitter said ISOs made with UUP and similar sites can cause weird things since they are not officially ready to be used for a clean install. maybe that's the reason..

@HotCakeX 

cool, the blog description is a little bit brief, so I descripted for double check.

Driver IRQL not less or equal (CHDRT64.sys) ERROR WHEN INSTALLING....
21343 ? Is 343 Industries using this build to test the new Halo for this year? ;)
Nice one ^^ i bet they are doing their tests, can't wait for the Halo infinite!