Jan 27 2021 10:30 AM
Jan 27 2021 10:30 AM
"Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. This build is being offered to ALL Insiders in the Dev Channel. All Insiders in the Dev Channel will now receive the same build going forward."
Jan 27 2021 10:28 PM
@HotCakeX Hello. Can you check if the notification problem in Microsoft edge has been fixed?
Jan 28 2021 03:39 AM
Jan 28 2021 09:25 PM
@HotCakeX Hello. It works, too. earned immediately after the upgrade from the previous build. then I also made a recovery through the cloud for verification. everything went well and the notifications worked.
Jan 30 2021 06:23 AM - edited Jan 30 2021 07:35 AM
(For some reason I was asked to register on the community, that's why my username changed)
- I get informed that I must restart to update and I do
- The laptop restarts a couple of times and shows progress
- At a certain point, it tells me that it is undoing the changes
- Restarts and, on the Windows Update Settings, 21301 is available
- Rinse and repeat. Several times.
I'm repeating right now to see if I can get more info.
- Configuring Updates: 100%
- Working on Updates: 25%, restart, 48%
- Got a message about the Windows Insider Build running into a problem
- Restarts, "undoing changes"
On Windows Update:
And, yes, I followed all steps suggested by that type of error. I've space, disk checked, device manager checked etc etc
Jan 30 2021 09:37 AM
Feb 02 2021 02:20 AM
Feb 02 2021 04:54 AM
Feb 11 2021 12:23 AM
Hi, someone has issues with the HP Officejet Pro 6830 and the usb connection after the update to Windows Pro 10 Insider Preview Build 21301.rs_prerelease.210123-1645 ?
Before this relelease all was functioning and smooth.
After this update I cannot install the printer with the usb cable:
1) with the Hp software alreardy installed, when I conncect the usb cable to the printer the program doesn't recognize the printer (I use the lastest Hp software available on the Hp site and I have also performed the printer firmware update).
2) If I do a fresh installation of the Hp program, when I insert the USB cable, Windows 10 seems to identify the printer, a spinning circle appears, but at the end of the spinning the program shows me a red X and it can't install the printer, without showing a specific error or issue.
Any idea to fix this issue ?
Thanks in advance.
Feb 11 2021 01:07 AM
maybe it's a bug and can't be fixed by user until Windows team issue a fix in the next build,
I would try performing a reset from Windows settings and choose the option to delete files (that reside on C drive)
maybe that will take care of it.
if the problem still persists, you can file a problem for it in the feedback hub too