Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236

MVP

"Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel."

What’s new in Build 20236: Change Refresh Rate of your display

You can now go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings and change the refresh rate of your selected display. A higher refresh rate allows for smoother motion. The presented refresh rates can vary with the supported hardware on your device.

More info: Windows Blog

3 Replies

@nuno silva network is broken on this build.  I am testing a few things related to Malwarebytes but may need to stay on 20231 until fixed.

@Chris Childerhose If you turn off Malwarebytes Web Protection, it should resolve the network issues. We're investigating and appreciate your patience!

-Eddie

@nuno silva 

Good day all,

This update was installed on my device yesterday evening and I noticed some issues shortly thereafter.  I was unable to shut down or restart Windows which led me to ultimately have to perform a forced shut down later in the evening.

When attempting to perform both operations Windows would just appear as if it restarted, almost as if I had simply logged off and logged back onto the OS.  Windows immediately attempted an automatic repair and rebooted itself numerous times to no avail.  I then attempted multiple repair options to restore boot functionality - "Uninstall latest feature update" as well as also "Latest quality update", unable to perform a system restore, and I have also even run a chkdsk /f /r /x since "Windows was unable to mount the volume" when attempting to run chkdsk normally.  All efforts thus far have been unsuccessful and I still boot to Green Screen - "Your Windows Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart.

STOP CODE: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

(Same error when attempting to boot to safe mode as well)

I have powered down my PC and let it sit overnight night and would greatly appreciate any assistance & advise to restore.  Thank you very much in advance!

Respectfully,

Joe Grassi

IT Professional/Windows Insider MCP