Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19645

MVP

Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19645 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

General changes & improvements

• We changed the servicing model for the Linux kernel inside of Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distributions. This build includes this change to remove the Linux kernel from the Windows image, and instead have it be serviced via Microsoft Update, the same way that 3rd party drivers (like graphics, or touchpad drivers) are installed and updated on your machine today. For full details please read this blog post on the Windows Command Line blog and for information about the kernel version please view the kernel docs page here.
  • Support for Nested Virtualization on AMD processors is now available. Being an early release we recommend you read this blog post for details on what platforms currently work as well as how to enable the feature.

More Info: Windows Blog

5 Replies

@nuno silva 

installing now 

Annotation 2020-06-10 193603.png

Build 19640 hung installing at 61% - I waited two days.

I tried cleaning everything with WURESET and it still did the same thing.

So I thought I'd wait and now it's trying to install 19645, but it's hanging at exactly the same point.

Asus Vivobook.

Anyone have an ideas?

@nuno silva 

Since this build I have my PC rebooting and rebooting again.

My machine is now stuck at the starting step...

=>Tried to remove this update but I am told that Windows can't remove this update, I have to reinitialize evrything.

=> I am going to try to boot on USB using previous insider build and see what happens!

@Kevin Lovegrove Sounds like you have hit a known issue. Please check to see if you have Conexant audio drivers installed.  You may have them listed in more than one place in Device Manager. If so, please uninstall the drivers and delete the files, then try the update again.

-Eddie