Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18908

MVP

"Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18908 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring."

More info: Windows Blog

4 Replies

've had nothing but problems installing this update. Current count of trying to install is now standing at  eight attempts.

It starts to go through the 'getting things ready' stage, and once it get to about 70% it crashes out, leaving behind a solid black screen, no cursor, taskbar or anything.

Today, it got to Downloading 2% and then crashed out AGAIN. Sometimes it doesn't give a black screen, but I get it's failed to install, and each time, I get a different error code listed. Is there any way of downloading this update as an ISO and installing it that way?

Each time it fails to update, I run the Update troubleshooter, that comes back clean. AND I've also done the 'stop the services, delete and restart' the PC each time, and still it fails to install.

Starting to really get annoyed now with it. Help is desperatly needed.

@nuno silva 

yes it fails for me also

I am trying an older build

@bryan gee 

im getting a black screen after install finishes. gone back to previous build,

OK, can someone from Microsoft PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I'm now on the THIRTEENTH attempt to install this, and yet again, IT'S CRASHED MY SYSTEM!

The system either drops out of settings, and then freezes up, resulting in me having to hit the reset button, and then get the 'Install Failed' again, or the screen flickers, goes totally black, and stops me going any further, again resulting in the RESET button being hit.

I've had a whole load of various error codes come up, the latest one being

Last failed install attempt on ‎6/‎3/‎2019 - 0x80070005

I'm really starting to get well annoyed about this, and NOBODY FROM MICROSOFT HAS EVEN ATTEMPTED TO BOTHER  PUTTING FORWARDS AN RESPONSE!

Each time it fails, I do the stop services, delete the C:\Windows\Software Distribution\ folder, and then reset the machine.

It either crashes out during the 'Getting things ready' stage (where it usually gets stuck at 70%), or the 'Downloading 0%' stage.

This whole Insider Preview has turned into one big JOKE!

@bryan gee