Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17074 for PC

Microsoft
We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17074 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and for those who opted in to Skip Ahead. Please note that the same block for AMD processors as explained here is also in place for this flight.

You can find more information for Bug fixes and known issues on the blog here.

Please avoid using with AMD processors:
We have a known bug that can cause a device with an AMD processor to be put in a no-boot state, either after upgrade or a clean install.

7 Replies
i just upgraded and whenever i click on the microphone tab under privacy settings it closes my settings window. I cannot use my microphone on my headset please fix.

Same problem of "Settings crashes" here.

My Microphone is not working as well, same as the other two.

Hi All,

I found a note on our blog post Windows 10 (PC) Insider Preview (Build 17074)

• Upgrading to 17063 or later builds sometimes causes Settings / Privacy / Microphone, Camera, etc. to flip to “disabled”, which breaks camera and microphone access. A workaround is to manually turn them back on.

If this doesn't help resolve your issue, please submit this to the Feedback Hub app and others upvote it as well.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps: 

1. Search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then click on + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking on Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click on Submit.
  6. Click on Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click on My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

I am still experiencing this issue since I am unable to access the privacy settings without it crashing. 

Hi Zac,

I experienced some of these issues as well so I rolled back to a previous build and it fixed my issues.  

You can also install the next build as well - as that may take care of many of the issues in build 17074.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/01/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

Let me know how things work out please.

Michelle

Same problem with build 17074 and 17083, the Mic and Web cam are disabled