Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 for PC

Microsoft

Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

This build includes the release of the Windows Defender Application Guard.

Announced last September in the Microsoft Edge Blog, Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge is now available in Windows Insider Previews for Enterprise users in the Fast Ring. Microsoft Edge running in Application Guard provides enterprises the maximum level of protection from malware and zero day attacks against Windows.

We’ve made it easy to test drive Microsoft Edge with Application Guard. Get the complete details on the Windows Insiders Blog!

windefenderappguard.png

8 Replies
16188 won't install for me. I had a general windows tech try to troubleshoot.... 2nd guy wanted to re-image my device without even asking if I had backup.... any ideas why this build won't install?

I'm having the same issue.  Guess I'll wait for the next build.

John, whatever the last technician was trying to do, he really messed things up (disabling processes, deleting registry keys, deleting system files, etc...). I started getting errors even trying to connect to the update servers. So, I decided the run the windows update repair tool again (4th or 5th time), and it must have fixed everything. 16188 installed successfully afterwards.

https://aka.ms/wudiag
Could you please submit feedback on this in the Feedback Hub App if you haven't already?

Well, for my laptop, 16188 is giving me green screens of death at two minutes after log-in. I even had trouble filing the feedback as the machine would crash. So, I guess I will have to wait for the next build and install it via a USB stick. 

Hi Pierre -

Could you please submit this note in the Feedback Hub App if you haven't already?  That way I can reference it to the engineering team.

Michelle

I did submit it and even put my machine on monitoring for a few seconds, not more as it would crash. I will add more data to my request using the other machine.

I added some more data about my machine to the feedback hub report. Title starts with "16188: Repeated Green Screen of Death...". I also paused the updates to my other machine as I cannot afford having that one on GSODs.