Alt Tab in Windows 11 takes over the entire screen - ewww

Copper Contributor

Can I do feedback here? Anyone from Microsoft sees this? 

The full screen ALT TAB is bad. Throws one's attention outside the workflows. 

Please consider going back to the Win10 UI in ALT-TAB, or even better - the Win7 (in Windows 7, the Desktop had it's own view - which was great!). 

Also - the thing Windows does where it WRAPS the window in this title - is horrible!!! (again - to workflow and aesthetics as well) 

Thanks! 

PS - anyone else agrees? 

8 Replies
Agree completely, and its ludicrously slow. I was used to doing three finger swipe up and immediately switching to the previous app (via the touch pad with High precision drivers). Now when I three finger swipe up, it takes a half second to a second for the switching UI to display, and if I release too early, it just doesn't switch at all. SOS

Totally agree.
It's 2021 already Microsoft.
Can't u guys make something like this?

alt-tab.png

+1 here!
At least they should provide an option to choose the alt+tab style.

Navigating the new AltTab UI with the keyboard becomes very difficult once you have a fair amount of windows opened, because it is difficult to pinpoint the selected window for only the rounded edges remain as part of the highlight. Below is a sample. The window with current focus is the second on the top left corner.

LeIngInc_0-1637329006190.png

@kaliwin 

Also, everytime you go back to an office application, it appear as if you have Alt to have keyboard shortcuts. It's a horrible experience for the people used to work only with keyboard and a lot of apps or files opened.

ABSOLUTELY!!! Especially if you have a dark window full-screen at the time... There is not enough contrast between the background and the selection.