Ability to Change Taskbar Location

Copper Contributor

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention it but really don't understand why we don't have the ability to change the taskbar location. Just purchased and picked up Surface Pro X w/ Windows 11 and the first setting I change on any computer is the task bar location. Reason? I regularly pin my frequent apps and related documents to the task bar and right click to shortcut tasks (new emails/appointments -Outlook, quickly toggle open documents/windows when I am on my mouse as opposed to keyboard shortcuts, etc.). I have a genetic issue (EDS) that essentially renders my connective tissues (tendons, cartilage, ligaments and so on) less supportive to my muscular and skeletal systems than it should be, i.e., super susceptible to neck and shoulder strain. Due to this, I attempt to mitigate chronic pain with a slew of ergonomic solutions and set my monitors to be dead center to my eye level; it is easier on my body to look left/right than to tilt my skull down repetitively throughout the day. Essentially, this is an accessibility issue. I will have to roll back to 10 until this functionality is available in 11. Thank you for your time!

5 Replies
You can provide this feedback to Windows engineering team via Feedback hub app. You can launch the app by pressing Windows key + F.

Regards.
Hi, " will have to roll back to 10 "
Currently, this is the only solution, Microsoft now even in the Insider Program does not provide a fix in this regard!
Best regards
Same here.. it is such a useful piece that has been takenout. donno how they arrived at it.

Agreed I use Citrix for work and having two task bars at the bottom of my screen is really confusing. I align my normal desktop taskbar on the left side of the screen so that it isn't confusing. I don't like to go full screen because then I miss what is happening on my regular desktop. Also, I have multiple monitors and I like to use Teams on the separate monitor on my desktop due to the speed and ease of use not in Citrix.  Please Please Please bring this function back Microsoft...

Fully agree with you.

Dear Microsoft,
I would like to add my voice to the hundreds of people who hate the fact that Microsoft downgraded the Windows 11 Taskbar and removed functionality that so many of us are used to from previous versions of Windows. The inability to move taskbar location to left/right/top, ungroup icons on the task bar, changing taskbar config for each extended display, are counter-productive and makes it slower and more difficult to multitask.

Please bring back these features which we all windows lovers were using from many many years.

Regards,
Shivesh