Windows 10 version 1903 intentionally stopped my Sound Blaster Audigy FX sound card from functioning

Copper Contributor

Hello thanks for taking time out to review my inquiry with regards to my concern with Windows 10 ver 1903 deployment. My sound blaster Audigy FX sound card worked excellent up until your deployment of Windows 10 version 1903. The prior Windows 10 version 1809 my sound card had absolutely no issues what so ever. Now I did my due diligence and began to update my sound cards drivers, uninstall the the sound card, uninstall the drivers, perform a thorough clean sweep of any left over driver files in safe mode, reinstall the sound card, re-install the drivers, update to the latest Creative drivers but to no avail. My sound blaster Audigy FX is not broken because it is showing in my pc's device manager clearly plus it shows the sound control panel my sound card shows as disabled in all the audio connection. Please FIX this issue you break you repair it Thank You  

6 Replies

Hello @pArthiva,

I recommend you to upgrade to V2004 and see if that resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, contact Sound Blaster Audigy FX support for better assistance.

Else, if it is less than 10 days for your upgrade to V1903, you can roll back to V1809. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > click Go back to previous version.

Regards.

@pArthiva 

Hi,

You might try to completely uninstall the drivers and software for the Audigy.

The reinstall as follows.

right click install executable and select "troubleshoot compatibility"

let troubleshooter do it's thing and hopefully it will end with a suggestion to try installing with "these settings', if it does give it a go. If it doesn't, try creatives website for updated drivers.

MOST of the driver issues are on the hardware manufacture not Microsoft. They way I understand it Microsoft will work with any hardware manufacturer to get their drivers updated to work with new Windows 10 releases. If Creative has chosen to NOT do that it is NOT Microsoft's fault and your only options at that point is to either downgrade to a Windows 10 version which has driver support for your hardware or upgrade your hardware.

I personally ditched Creative back in the late 90's/early 2000's just for their apparent lack of driver support for older hardware models. Superb hardware with lacking driver support does not make a good hardware purchase IMHO. For example a quick search of the Creative website revealed the latest driver release for your sound card was 2015.

https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?prodID=21690&prodName=Sound%20Blaster%20Au...

@STÉPHANE PLOUFFE 

Hey guys

I am also having a similar problem with creative sound blaster audigy fx 5.1 pcie-express sound card. I used to have it in my older pc 32 bit running Windows 10 and it was working fine. But recently I upgraded the pc to Windows 10 64 bits and moved the card over. Installed the driver and the program controller. The program controller did not recognize the sound card. It keeps reporting that "Sound card not found" but Device Manager sees and installs the card.

I have updated driver to the version on Sound Blaster's website but the controller would not work. Any help please?

ImpartIT@mejmedia 

Was this issue ever resolved for or by you. I have wasted 3 days trying but problem persists.

I agree with the statement " ditched Creative years ago for lack of proper driver support". Superb hardware with crappy drivers that eventually will not work with your OS of choice because, well, creative needs to sell you another device - even if the one you've bought is perfectly fine.

More recently they've made their superb headphones cushions far less superior than they should be, the black colouring layer flakes off and sticks to your head and causes a right mess after approx. 5 years of use (in my case). Nothing at all wrong with the headset - it still sounds way better than most other headsets on the market with 7.1 sound (coupled with the SB H7 software this headset is amazing-even today).

The creative website lists the replacement cushions for sale and have listed them as coming soon for about 4 years now. They are NOT coming soon.

I purchased another headset and went with Steel Series and never looked back.

I will never won a Sound Blaster product again because of this.
I have also had perfectly good sound cards over the years not work after an OS update and or upgrade because creative did not release updated drivers and it pissed me off so bad that enough is enough.