Windows 10 LTSC Answer File Issues in OfflineServicing pass

Copper Contributor

I have a license for distribution of my company's product.  I've applied the license without any issue and have numerous settings to prepare the master copy of our harddrive before being put into production.  While in production, this master harddrive would be duplicated multiple times. 

Initially, this answer file that I created worked completely fine while using the evaluation copy of the Windows 10 LTSC.  Now that I have a non-evaluation copy of the Windows 10 LTSC, it fails consistently at the OfflineServicing pass no matter if there is something there or not.  Do I need to completely wipe the harddrive first before trying it?  I can't tell if the right answer file is actually being used behind the scenes.  There was a Windows 10 LTSC already installed, and I made a change to the answer file for the licensing and tried to reinstall Windows 10 on the computer with the newer answer file and it fails.

Also, bonus problem, after the Windows 10 installs on the evaluation build and I do sysprep after setting everything up, when Windows boots back up for OOBE, the start menu and cortana doesn't work at all for every user.  I have no idea what's going on here and why it's doing that. 

Thanks!

0 Replies