SOLVED

Prevent feature questions when updating to 1803

Occasional Contributor
Hi When we install PC's with feature update 1803 from Windows 10 1709 you get some feature questions after the reboot. Questions like: Enable / disable speech recognition Enable / disable location service Enable / disable find my device Send dignostics to Microsoft Enable / disable enhanced handwriting Enable / disable custom experiences Enable / disable apps advertising That's 7 questions I dont want my users to be bothered with. Can I somehow prepare Windows with the answers so they dont show after the update? The update comes from our internal WSUS. All Windows 10 PC's are enrolled with Azure AD + Intune. Can I create Intune profiles with OMA-URI that sets these features? Or is there any registry settings for this?
1 Reply
best response confirmed by Fredrik Carenborn (Occasional Contributor)
Solution
This will fix this

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE" /v "PrivacyConsentStatus" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

But Windows Update is tricky.. When the update is done and you reboot, it will change this value to 3 automaticly in background. You have to add this reg add string to your logout or boot runscipt.