SOLVED

Application use the Windows.FulltrustApplication entry point

Copper Contributor

Dear Community,

I try to install an App my chef developed. It is executed via a Powershell Script. I am able to install it everywhere with no problems (Windows 10), but one of our customers has a Windows 10 Version, where I always get the error message: The use of startuptask extension requires the containing Application use the Windows.FulltrustApplication entry point. The Windows 10 Version my customer is using is called Windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB x64.

What could be the reason for this behaviour?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Marius_Weiss (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There are limitations in using LTSB versions of Windows for UWP/Store apps:

"While Windows 10 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch which is aimed a specialized machines) does not include the Windows Store or in-box modern applications, it still contains the full UWP (Universal Windows Platform) stack which means if there is a UWP application that you wish to have on LTSB then it can be side-loaded using mechanisms such as DISM and PowerShell. The reason the Windows Store etc are not included is LTSB is designed to not update components with new functionality post-deployment which occurs with Windows Store applications automatically. For most desktop scenarios LTSB should not be used and instead Current Branch for Business."

https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-10/side-load-uwp-applications-windows-10-ltsb
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Marius_Weiss (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There are limitations in using LTSB versions of Windows for UWP/Store apps:

"While Windows 10 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch which is aimed a specialized machines) does not include the Windows Store or in-box modern applications, it still contains the full UWP (Universal Windows Platform) stack which means if there is a UWP application that you wish to have on LTSB then it can be side-loaded using mechanisms such as DISM and PowerShell. The reason the Windows Store etc are not included is LTSB is designed to not update components with new functionality post-deployment which occurs with Windows Store applications automatically. For most desktop scenarios LTSB should not be used and instead Current Branch for Business."

https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-10/side-load-uwp-applications-windows-10-ltsb

View solution in original post