Windows Admin Center - websocket support

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Using the Windows Admin Center through Azure application proxy is wonderfull and works amazing except Powershell, Events and RDP. 

This is a known issue with Websockets which is still in preview for the Azure Application Proxy. Is there anything known about when this will be fully available?

Looking forward to a response.

Kind regards,

Daan

6 Replies
Is there any update on this? This is a very interesting question.

I would also be interested in knowing if websocket will be supported with Azure App Proxy for Windows Admin Center.

Azure Active Directory Application Proxy frequently asked questions | Microsoft Docs says:

• Features (Eventlogs, PowerShell and Remote Desktop Services) in the Windows Admin Center (WAC) do not work through Azure AD Application Proxy.

It doesn't mention if this is a "it'll never be supported" or if it's a "maybe one day"....

@MattKirbySW 

Thanks for your reply.

It's true it doesn't say it never gets supported however, this has been the status now for around 2 years if I'm not mistaken. I did find that websocket support is in preview, however this is since 2018 already.

Hoping someone from @Pernille-Eskebo can reply to this.

@daanstoeten 

Another two years roll around - it does look like "Features (Eventlogs, PowerShell and Remote Desktop Services) in the Windows Admin Center (WAC) do not work through Microsoft Entra application proxy" is a WONTFIX.

@MattKirbySW 
I actually found a workaround using the new (in preview) Global Secure Access with the Private Access profile. I now can deploy the GSA client to my intune enrolled devices and simply port forward anything needed which does not have any issue with the websockets.

No idea if this works for you but I did a successfull test with this!

Ah, sounds interesting - and may help with another issue I'm having - thanks!