Windows Admin Center 1910

Microsoft

Announced earlier this month, Windows Admin Center 1910 is the most current GA version of Windows Admin Center.

Read whats's new here: https://aka.ms/wac1910

11 Replies
On this new version, is necessary provide a SSL certificate with the code signing propose ?

Nothing has changed in 1910 regarding the types of certificates. If you are referring to the certificate requested by the installer when installing on a server - it is used for Server identification over HTTPS.

Using this version of WAC (1910) After installing update with a scheduled reboot, the server rebooted immediately after the updates were installed, not at the scheduled time. The server was a Hyper-V host so it took down ALL the VMs. The option chosen (reboot at a specific time) was not followed.

I have this exact same problem as well.

I've tested this on Windows 2016 and 2019 machines on both Azure and on-prem with the exact same behavior.

@Jeff Woolslayer- I'm getting the dreaded Windows Admin Center 1910 - Error 0x80070643 when I try to upgrade via Microsoft Updates.  Doesn't work with the download either, even after I totally uninstalled the previous version.  So I ended up going with the previous version again.  (1904 GA)

Et l'extension Cluster Creation 1.2 est disponible ! ;)

Just to be clear, I only get a problem installing or trying to upgrade to *this* version of Admin Center. My system is otherwise fine, generates no other unaccounted for Eventlog errors, and installs and runs all other applications without issue.

@Jeff Woolslayer  Any update on wrapping WAC in an electron app? It's one of the hot ideas on the User voice: https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071-management-tools/suggestions/38982271-wrap-wac-in-...

@Jeff Woolslayer can WAC notify me if a server is offline/unreachable?  or at least does it have a dashboard feature that shows me a summary of reachable/online/up servers and any ones that are down?  Either via one green/red dot or a list of them by server?  

@Jeff Woolslayer Windows Admin Center is really cool, I hope it integrated into Windows Server like in add feature so we don't have to download it separately.