Updates Error in Windows Admin Center

Copper Contributor
I've successfully installed Windows Admin Center 1804 in our Environment.
Most all of the functionality works, with the exception of Updates.

When it tries to enumerate updates, it fails with the following:

Error

(1) RemoteException: An object at the specified path C:\Users\J6D1D~1.BAI does not exist. (2) RemoteException: An object at the specified path C:\Users\J6D1D~1.BAI does not exist.

I've had other users try & fail with similar error messages for the user path, however, these are not our actual user profiles, or standard user names that we login with.

When I rename user profile folder on the system ~ example (C:\users\username.old) create the path in question, it is able to enumerate the updates through WAC.

I don't believe I should have to rename all the user profiles on the systems I am connecting to in order to get this to work...

Does anyone else have this issue? 

1 Reply

Hello,

I can confirm, we have exactly same problem. As a workaround, it seems you can create new AD account without a "." in the username and then Updates also work.

I mean if your current account (the one you use when you connect to WAC via web browser) is admin.john.doe and you create a new AD-account adminjohndoe with same permissions, adminjohndoe wont generate that error.

But yeah, really annoying.