Home

Project Honolulu installed but all my servers say "credentials needed"

Deleted
Not applicable

I have no idea how to provide credentials to Honolulu so I can use this tool.  I am a domain admin so i'm surprised my own account isn't credentials enough.  Is Honolulu acting as a proxy between me and all the servers?  What do I do to easily get rid of this message so I can manage these servers?

6 Replies
If you click on the text saying credentials needed the right-hand side of the window should pop up with a logon box. enter your credentials and make sure you tick the use for all servers (something like that) checkbox.

Let me know how you get on.

I tried using "Windows Credentials" first and it failed.  But when i manually typed in those same credentials, it worked.  Does Microsoft Edge have issues passing my Windows creds to Honolulu?

I only use Chrome and my workstation user account does not have rights to access the servers, so I always have to enter the credentials.

Have you tried Chrome?

If you are deploying Project Honolulu as a service, in order to use the "use my windows credentials" option, you must configure some kind of Kerberos delegation between the Honolulu gateway server and the managed node. 

Visit Single sign-on when deployed as a Service on Windows Server for more information and sample PowerShell code to configure delegation.

1. Deployed WAC as a service on Windows Server 2016 

2. Delegated Kerberos delegation between the Honolulu gateway (WAC installed on) server and the managed node (Server A)

3.  When I add server B, server C etc.. in the WAC console and connect it is asking me ""use my windows credentials"  for login.

I want to directly connect to the newly added servers without asking for any prompt since single sign on is configured

Note: Opening the WAC console from my Local PC (Chrome)

On your step #2, you configured Kerberos delegation between the WAC gateway and Server A. You'll need to do this for each server B, C, etc...

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
50 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
How to Prevent Teams from Auto-Launch
chenrylee in Microsoft Teams on