Problem Connecting WAC Gateway to Itself

Brass Contributor

I can login to WAC without issue. I can connect to ANY server in my domain without issue... except for the WAC gateway server itself. When I try, I receive constant authentication prompts and the following:

Connecting to remote server wac01 failed with the following error message : The WS-Management service cannot process the request. Cannot find the microsoft.sme.powershell session configuration in the WSMan: drive on the wac01 computer. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

I have no other issues with this server, and I do not have any issues connecting from others using WinRM commands either. Any thoughts?

9 Replies

Hi Aaron,

I'm having the same issue. Have you discovered a solution?

Unfortunately, no I haven't... I haven't found any documentation of others having this or how to resolve it. I came here hoping that someone might have come across it.

To rid out of constant authentication prompts you can try modifying internet settings:

Internet properties- Securities- add the (WAC local host site or the website you used to access WAC) in trusted site and set security level to low- close the browser and try again.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, this had no effect on the problem I presented.

I had this same error this morning but it wasn't a WAC gateway, just a regular server. The remote registry service was stopped. After starting it I was able to connect. Hope that helps.

Hmm, interesting. Let me check that and I'll report back.

We believe we found the root cause of this behavior. The fix should be available in the next Windows Admin Center release, currently planned for late February.

In the meantime, as a workaround, try providing your credentials with the Manage As option before you try to connect.

I had tried providing my credentials with the Manage As option before I tried to connect. It didn't work...

"Connecting to remote server mediapc failed with the following error message : The WS-Management service cannot process the request. Cannot find the microsoft.sme.powershell session configuration in the WSMan: drive on the mediapc computer. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic."

I found i had to use UPN format as the username rather than Domain\username.  The fix mentioned coming in the next release, is it in the 1812 preview?

Also some situations i found removing the domain from the FQDN in the address also fixed the problem on some machines when connecting.

Thanks