Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE

Now Available: Windows Admin Center 1910.2 Insider Preview

Microsoft

Windows Admin Center version 1910.2 is a cumulative update to our 1910 GA release in November. This release contains updates to the platform’s accessibility and numerous bug fixes. In addition, we’ve evaluated user feedback and have implemented some highly requested features.

This month, Windows Insiders get early access to our 1910.2 release before it is made generally available. See the official blog post for details on changes and how to download the new release: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/03/31/announcing-windows-admin-center-preview-1910-...

36 Replies

@Prasidh_Arora  I just installed. Now I can't view one Hyper-V server.

Errors

Notification details

Error

Get user settings and extensions

10:41:50 am
Type

Error

RemoteException: The property 'Product' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists.

@Jared Lambe I'm sorry this is happening. Can you confirm that this error exists after waiting 20 minutes and retrying? If so, could you please share console logs found under developer tools (f12) to help us diagnose the problem?

@Prasidh_Arora Will do. I am interested about why waiting 20 minutes. Does it query in the background? Other VM's are able to be viewed straight away.

@Prasidh_Arora more info just tried it again without waiting. There are about 4 error messages.

This one comes up first.

Try fixing any computer connection issues and refreshing the browser. We couldn't query the computer inventory data to determine the set of tools. Error: RemoteException: The property 'Product' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists.

@Jared Lambe Thank you for sharing. Could you share all of the errors and more information to help me repro this? Are you running on a desktop or server? Are you running this as a VM or connecting directly as a server on the landing page?

@Prasidh_Arorait may be a login issue. I will try some things. 

@Prasidh_AroraIt is on Desktop. Strangely I am able to view the following

Installed Apps

Local Users and Groups

Performance Monitor

Powershell

Processes

Registry

Security

From memory the following don't display

Overview

Services

Settings

I send the error messages in next post.

@Prasidh_Arorahere are the errors. I have anonymized the servername, domain and time.

Error
Performance class not found
CPU performance class not found on this machine.
servername.domain.com
25:99:99 am
Error
RemoteException: The property 'Product' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists.
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
Couldn't query the computer inventory
Try fixing any computer connection issues and refreshing the browser. We couldn't query the computer inventory data to determine the set of tools. Error: RemoteException: The property 'Product' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists.
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
Get Services
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
Get Services
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com
Error
servername.domain.com

@Prasidh_AroraThe other servers (VM's) display ok. Just this physical Hyper-V server.

It does have the HPE extension installed if that makes any difference.

@Jared Lambe Thanks for helping me troubleshoot. A few more questions:

1. What OS are you running?

2. If you are able, can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing (with sensitive values ommited)

3. Was this a problem in our previous Windows Admin Center release?

@Prasidh_AroraOS 18362.535

It wasn't a problem with the previous release.

@Prasidh_Arora can WAC monitor server availability?  Something like a dashboard that shows "all servers up" or "all but 2 servers up"?  or at least show me all the servers in one list and let me sort by up/down?  if it can, is there any notification ability in WAC? (i.e. email me if server goes down/offline)?

@James Auman Hi James. Currently, we do not have a dashboard that shows this information. In Admin Center's initial stages, we had this capability but many people reported security concerns with this implementation and it was removed. 

@Prasidh_Arora 

I do have the same issue. It is our first installation, so I do not know if the problem was already present in an earlier version.

We have installed Windows Admin Center on an HP bar metal server OS=Windows 2019 Datacenter. This server is not joined to an AD or has an AD installed.

We have access the web page localy at this server and remote from an Win10 PC. Both are at the same network and subnet. Latest updates are installed on both of them.

The Server we try to connect to is the same were the Windows Admin Center software have been installed. Please find attached some screenshots.

@Prasidh_Arora 

Hi, I'm running into the same issue and did some testing. As far as i can tell, it seems to come down to the admin center expecting some values (maybe provided by the bios, like manufacturer and model, etc?) to be present, that might not always be there.

In my tests I created two identical Server2016-VMs and ran one using VirtualBox, and the other one using my Proxmox-Server (which uses KVM and QEMU for virtualization). When trying to manage these VMs using the admin center, the one running in VirtualBox worked flawlessly while the other one showed me the exact same erros, that have already been reported by the other people.

I don't know if this is helpful, but if you think it is, i'll be happy to provide you with more information, if you tell me what you need.

I can confirm the same issue like @mkhof. I'm running ProxmoxVE and I've just installed fresh new Win2019 Server Core (1809.2) VM (also with virtio) and latest WAC.

Something is working (i.e. registry), something not (dashboard, services). And I have no clue how to add server roles (my first core and Win2019 too), imho menu entry is probably missing due to this problem.

@mkhof 

It's not - It's somekind of bug in latest 1910.2 - I could not connect to my Hyper-V 2019 server - Winadm event log tells that it can't read servername property.

Would also give me 401 access denied even though psremoting works fine from within the VM.

Uninstalled 1910.2 and installed 1910 with same settings. Can now connect to the Hyper-V server.

Will make an bug report on UserVoice. 

Spoiler
sessionId : adf7e686-5c9a-458e-903e-bad8b864ed70
eventId : Trace
level : Error
sourceName : msft.sme.shell
source : MultiToolComponent
timestamp : 1587485984939
stack :
moreEventData :

I am seeing the same issue @mkhof noted.  In my case Nutanix AHV VM's running UEFI and 2019 core are giving the error.  A VMWare  server running core works fine.  I do not know if that server is UEFI or BIOS at this time.

@Prasidh_Arora 

I'd only recently started using WAC (1910.1) and found it to be very useful, particularly with managing a Windows server without the desktop experience. Then I did the upgrade and now get the errors shown in the attached image file.

Can someone point me to WAC 1910.1 somewhere so I can go back?