Now Available: Windows Admin Center 1809.5 Insider Preview

Microsoft

Windows Admin Center version 1809.5 is a cumulative update to our 1809 GA release in September which includes various quality and functional improvements and bug fixes throughout the product.

This month, Windows Insiders get early access to our 1809.5 release before it is made generally available.

See the official blog post for details on changes and how to download the new release: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/11/announcing-windows-admin-center-1809-5-inside...

5 Replies

Hi Jeff,

can you (or someone else) elaborate on the following improvement:

• Certificate handling improvements for upgrades

Also, I've noticed, that there is no SME_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE_THUMBPRINT public property anymore in the MSI, how can I provide the SSL certificate thumbprint now?

The "Certificate handling improvements for upgrades" relnote refer to changes that we made for when Windows Admin Center is installed in Desktop mode on a Windows 10 PC. The creation of the certificate used for authentication in client authentication on desktop mode is fully automatic and does not require any user input. The only SSL certificate you need to provide is the certificate used for HTTPS in desktop mode. The parameters for that is SME_THUMBPRINT=<thumbprint> SSL_CERTIFICATE_OPTION=installed

Hi @Jeff Woolslayer

Happy New Year. I installed for testing 1809.5 version and again the same problem after installation. Webgate not accessible (connection refused) on local server and timed_out when trying to reach remotedly. The service is running and fw exception is correctly added. Server Version 2016 (1607). It is rather anoying that each release is such a pain to deploy.

Sorry to hear you area having trouble. Please check out the troubleshooting guide for common issues and resolution steps. If nothing there solves your issue, please reply back here with the answers to the troubleshooting common questions.