Files Tools fails on upload and download

Copper Contributor

While in Windows Admin Center, the Upload/Download functions in the Files tool fail.  This happens on any size of file, even as small as 3kb. Running WAC 1904.1 Build 1.2.1905.16003.  I'm running WAC on my local Windows 10 machine, and it happens while trying to upload/download to any Windows 2016 server.  Event log shows the following error. Any idea?

500 - IOException: The network path was not found.

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
at Microsoft.ManagementExperience.FrontEnd.Controllers.FeatureController.ImpersonatingFileStream..ctor(WindowsIdentity user, String path)
at Microsoft.ManagementExperience.FrontEnd.Controllers.FeatureController.Download(String node, String filePath)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 

1 Reply

@sdubs 

I have the same problem.

I am experimenting with Windows Admin Center and I have setup a VirtualBox environment.

Everything seems to work (well kinda...), however uploading and downloading files always fail.

Looking at the browser's network traffic, I saw the same error message,a s the one reported here:

{"error":{"code":"IOException","message":"The network name cannot be found.\r\n"}}

Some details that might help:

1) I am not in a domain.

2) I have changed the server name using Windows Admin Center.

3) I am using this version of W.A.C:

Version 1904.1
Build  1.2.1905.16003

If anyone knows what is wrong here, I am all ears.

UPDATE:
Oh!
On second notice, it seems that my error is a bit different!
The difference is between `network path` vs `network name`.