Domain Controllers in closed systems

Copper Contributor

All,

I have what I feel is a unique issue. I was tasked with a project to have silo'd systems managed by a central Active Directory Domain Controller. The catch however is that theses silos cannot be connected to the central Domain controller at the same time (aka pull the cat 5 from silo 1, into silo 2), to do scanning, wsus manual updates and of course, syncing domain level credentials. I have spent alot of time on various forums and it seems to be not only a goofy set up (which I understand it is), but one no one seems to have any suggestions on. Any assistance would help and be ery appreciated.

1 Reply

@Warbreed8311 I would want to know why they cannot be connected at the same time?  This seems like a waste of time.  What is the point.  if you want to do this manually why not just turn off the NIC and connect to each through the iLO port and enable and disable the NIC instead of unplugging the network cable?  At least then you will not be going to the server every time.  Weird setup none-the-less.