Jun 07 2019 09:01 AM
Jun 07 2019 09:01 AM
I'm trying to test out Azure Backup set up through the Azure Hybrid Services option in Windows Admin Center. When I get to the set up page, I get an error:
"Failed to get Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Vaults. Detailed error: The current subscription type is not permitted to perform operations on any provider namespace. Please use a different subscription."
I'm unable to change subscription from this window for some reason.
For the record, I am running WAC 1904.1. I am connected with my primary Azure account which has two subscriptions, one which is the limited one I get through Office 365 (access to Azure AD). The other one I use for all other services including Recovery Services, Azure Files, etc., so I know I have a subscription which supports the vaults Azure Backup needs.
I have confirmed that the latter of the two subscriptions is my default. I have also confirmed that an Azure user account without the "access to Azure AD" limited subscription can in fact use this second subscription to enable Azure Backup, but I need to use my primary Azure account.
Why can't I change the subscription at this page?
Aug 24 2020 10:35 AM - edited Aug 24 2020 10:44 AM
I have this same error. I suppose the solution is to use a separate account that doesn't have access to any other subscriptions?
Sep 25 2020 07:33 AM
Same problem for me.
English error message
Failed to get Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Vaults. Detailed error: The current subscription type is not permitted to perform operations on any provider namespace. Please use a different subscription.
French error message
Échec de l'obtention du coffre Microsoft Azure Recovery Services. Erreur détaillée : Le type d'abonnement actuel n'est pas autorisé pour effectuer des opérations dans un espace de noms de fournisseur. Utilisez un autre abonnement.
Dec 29 2020 07:53 AM - edited Dec 29 2020 07:54 AM
@DamienB Turns out this error is due to a legacy subscription still being associated my account. The problematic subscription is called 'Access to Azure Active Directory'. I solved my issue by requesting that Microsoft delete it. The subscription is an artifact from the old Azure portal and isn't actually needed.