Apps & Features not working for some computers...

Brass Contributor

Some of the computers we manage with Windows Admin Center (WAC) won't allow us to view 'Apps & features'.   We will select a particular computer and we will see the Overview page without any issues.  We will then click 'Apps & features', but instead of a list of Apps, we get the message "No Records Found" and the attached error:

We couldn't retrieve the applications. Error: (1) RemoteException: Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. The specified wildcard character pattern is not valid: BeyondTrust Remote Support Jump Client [bomgar.ncrb.org-5C812483].   (2) RemoteException: Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. The specified wildcard character pattern is not valid: BeyondTrust Remote Support Jump Client [bomgar.ncrb.org-611B9BA8]

I wonder if the BeyondTrust Remote Support Jump Client is getting in the way.  Any ideas?

4 Replies
We are also having the same issue. BeyondTrust was specifically mentioned in our error as well. if you figure anything out, please share.
I am also having this issue on the computers with the BeyondTrust Remote Support Jump Client installed. I just updated Windows Admin Center to the latest (2110) today. Same issue observed in previous version.

So, I did some testing. I uninstalled the BeyondTrust Remote Support client from my test computer and deleted the program folder. Using the error message for a reference, I searched the Registry for MyServer.MyDomain.net-####### (in your case "bomgar.ncrb.org-5C812483"), noted the install location, and deleted the whole "BeyondTrust Remote Support Jump Client" key. If the install location folder still existed, I deleted it.  I did that for every MyServer.MyDomain.net-#######  listed in the error message.

After doing the Registry clean-up and NOT re-installing the Remote Support Jump Client, I was able to successfully use the Windows Admin Center Apps & Features extension.

But, I haven't been able to find a fix or work-around for the extension not working with the Remote Support Jump Client installed. Hopefully MS will come up with something.

One more observation, the Installed Apps extension works for the Windows Servers.  Go figure.

One more one more observation: If they are using the PowerShell Get-Child or Get-ChildItem cmdlets, then the '[' in the variable will cause an error.  You have to do some jumping around the threads, but I started here Path is not parsed correctly if '[' is present in the path · Issue #12168 · PowerShell/PowerShell · ...