Windows 365 resizing

Brass Contributor
Hello!
I wonder if there is any idea if windows 365 resizing option will be available?
This option is available to enterprise versions through endpoint pottal, yet nothing about after purchase resizing in business.
15 Replies

Hi @Mshamza,

Resizing a Cloud PC in Windows 365 Business is not currently supported, but is supported in Windows 365 Enterprise like you mentioned. Could you please share more about your use case?

For example:

1. How often do you think you'll use the resize feature?
  2. What's the reason you'd like to resize - is it for better performance with additional vCPUs, ability to upgrade to more storage, etc.?

Please also submit a feature request here and choose "Business" as the label: Windows 365 feature requests - Microsoft Tech Community

Hi @ivaylo_ivanov
Thank you so much for your reply
The resizing option is not critical for now but I like to keep any future plans considered like increasing the system size and or increase performance.
I really hope this option is part of upcoming roadmap for windows 365 business.
Thank you
Is this still open for consideration of W365 Business User use cases?

@ivaylo_ivanov is there any movement on this? We have business customers that continually run out of disk space with no upgrade path available. 

@Mshamza - It's a shame that years later, this is still not possible, isn't it? I just got tricked into signing up for Windows 365 PC through Microsoft 365 business premium licensing, and now I regret it. It's the millionth time that I've felt like the poorly treated unwashed masses because I'm not that big word ENTERPRISE.. 

To me, it's a basic requirement. If I wanted to throw away a PC and start from scratch, I could do that the old-fashioned way and just buy PC's .. 

Very basic resizing option is not available for Windows 365 business. Business users are running out of memory... No option. Almost 2 years now MS never considered adding an option to resize the windows 365 business cloud PC.

@Sandy25  - Yes, it's awful. It made me regret signing up to the platform at all as an M365 Business Premium tenant. Fortunately, it became clear right away that the lousy-tier machine was not going to work. Practically unusable -  unless, perhaps, all you're doing is reading PDF's of children's books.. The fact that I had to start from zero rebuilding the machine again for a simple lack of a couple of gb of memory is just horrible - and it wasn't because Microsoft doesn't have the technology to do this -- if you are an enterprise client, you can do it. If you are what Microsoft obviously considers the unwashed masses on the other hand, you can just *** right off. Not the first and I'm sure not the last time I have been punished mercilessly for being a Microsoft customer (but just not a respected one).

@BrentWPuebla - I am sorry to hear sir.  I am also in the same boat. Can we convert the business to enterprise? So that we can avoid losing everything. Microsoft team- please help.

This feature went general availability about a month ago - works for both individual and group based license assignments. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365/enterprise/resize-cloud-pc

@2nikon the people complaining, including myself, are Business Premium users, not enterprise. This feature is enterprise -only and has been for much longer than a month. It's one of a nunber of features apparently intentionally engineered to punish customers for not being big enough to get the grown up version of m365.

When I first purchased MS 365 Business, I was told it was possible to upgrade my HD. I had numerous exchanges with MS Support before going ahead. 

When I went ahead to try and do it, I received terrible advice that would have resulted in data loss if I had followed it.

I was told to buy a new subscription, link it to the user and delete the old subscription. I was specifically told by MS Support: "Technically you will just upgrade your subscription, nothing will happen to your files and data this is still intact".

Fortunately I did not delete my original subscription. 

It now turns out that I cannot upgrade my HD size at all, unless I start from scratch with a new virtual PC. That is crazy. Who is going to compensate me for the cost of having to re-install all my third party software and all my data? I am very unhappy about this. I did check it out beforehand and asked all the right questions and was given the wrong advice by MS on numerous occassions. . Not happy at all!!!

@gratefulmac Yes - they are clearly very confused about their own licensing.

Hi  @BrentWPuebla 

We heard your feedback and are working on some improvements made in response to your business needs.   We are excited to share that “Resize for W365 Business is actively being worked on!

Please follow the In development - Windows 365 Business | Microsoft Learn(pro tip; check out our "in development" doc as this doc has all our roadmap items) 

for more details on the feature. Also please make sure you check the What's new in Windows 365 Business | Microsoft Learn   to know when the feature goes live . 

@BrentWPuebla 

hi@gratefulmac 

We heard your feedback and are working on some improvements made in response to your business needs.   We are excited to share that “Resize for W365 Business" is actively being worked on. Please follow the In development - Windows 365 Business | Microsoft Learn(pro tip; check out our "in development" doc as this doc has all our roadmap items) 

for more details on the feature. Also please make sure you check the What's new in Windows 365 Business | Microsoft Learn   to know when the feature is live . 

Thank you for using Windows365.

Hi @Mshamza 

We heard your feedback and are excited to share that “Resize for W365 Business is actively being worked on. Please follow the In development - Windows 365 Business | Microsoft Learn(pro tip; check out our "in development" doc as this doc has all our roadmap items) 

for more details on the feature. Also please make sure you check the What's new in Windows 365 Business | Microsoft Learn   to know when the feature is live . 

Thank You !