We couldn't connect to the gateway because of an error. If this keeps happening ask your admin or te

Copper Contributor

So, I've had an on again off again subscription to Windows 365 for a while.  I think I need to get signed back up.  I think I have a good practical reason why it will be very beneficial for me to have a cloud PC for the foreseeable future.  I signed back up a few days ago.   When I try to connect to the desktop, I get an error...

We couldn't connect to the gateway because of an error. If this keeps happening ask your admin or tech support for help.

I also can't connect through the Microsoft remote desktop app using the subscription URL.  I get the error

[Window Title]
Remote Desktop

[Content]
An error occurred while accessing this resource. Retry the connection or contact your system administrator.

[^] Hide details [OK]

[Expanded Information]
Error code: 0x3000047
Extended error code: 0x0
Timestamp (UTC): 2022-04-27T13:42:05.753Z
Activity ID: b6cd3706-8a87-45a8-a898-05a4b68d0000

Press Ctrl+C to copy.

I was on the phone with Microsoft support last night for about 30 minutes and they couldn't figure it out.  I think they're reviewing the fiddler logs and some other stuff.  It happens with two of my PCs and my Chromebook.  I tried hooking my PC up to my phone hotspot to eliminate my home network.  I got the same error.  I also downloaded the remote desktop app to my android, disconnected from my home wifi and got the same error.  I don't think it's anything in my house or any of my devices are the issue.  The issue, to me, appears to be in the Microsoft cloud.  

I'm wondering though since I've cancelled the subscription and reactivated it so much that something is messed up.  Googling it, maybe it's an azure config issue.  You'd think Microsoft support would know to look there though if it was an option.  So far, as much as I can tell, they're stumped.

1 Reply
Hello,

I am on the Windows 365 team and would like to look into this issue further. Please send me a message by clicking on my profile with your case number from support.