W365 Disk partitioning

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I tried some disk partitioning on a Windows 365 machine. I shrunk the default C: drive that came with W365 machine after provisioning and created successfully another drive (named it D: drive). I have a couple of questions here:

1. I have found that my D drive doesn't show on "My PC" of this Windows 365 Cloud PC, but it is accessible and works fine, I can save files there.
Could you please help clarify if this is intentionally not shown on My PC? (only c drive with used and remaining space after partitioning is visible at the moment.)
2. Can I manage to do disk partition for multiple Windows 365 Cloud PCs centrally from endpoint management portal or somewhere?

Note: I tested this on Windows 365 Business Edition but these questions should cover Enterprise edition as well.

Thank you very much

4 Replies
Could you help us understand what problem you are trying to solve by partitioning the disk?

Hello @Eric Orman ,

Here are the queries:

1. After partitioning, why a new drive doesn't show on "My PC" of W365 cloud pc? Is this hidden by design? 

For example, After partitioning, I have another disk, D drive, it accessible but it is not shown on My PC. 

2. Can we do disk partition centrally (somewhere) for multiple Cloud PCs at the same time? If that is the case, what kind of tool to perform this. 

Thanks

Sorry, I'm still not understanding why there is a desire to partition, we understand it doesn't work but that is not what we are trying to understand. We'd like to know why there is a desire to partition, for example is it because certain apps require it or for other reasons? Its unusual anymore to partition a drive and so we'd like to learn and know more.
Understand this now Eric. Thanks for pointing this out. I have had a talk with my colleagues and again reviewed use cases to support the assumption but not found anything reasonable for the cloud pc. By the way, I have passed this point on another team who works closely with end customers for their consideration if they learn/come up with something interesting they may raise by themselves. We can close this topic now. Thanks a lot.