Screen resolution

Brass Contributor

Running a 4CPU 16GB on a laptop connected to a 4k monitor.

If I run full screen on the 4k, everything is crystal sharp but mouse and keyboard lag to the point of being unusable.
If I scale the window down to the equivalent of 1080 then the lag is reduced (although still noticeable) but text is very blurry, like the old days when you could adjust font sharpness in Windows.

I can't find anything anything about optimal windows size, only that dynamic sizing is supported.

Any ideas?

2 Replies
Unsure if related but I experience the same lag when full screen on a 4k output. The other oddity I've not see anyone else report is when I am full screen, the lag will be so bad that consistently (50%+) of characters will end up output out of order. Only downsizing out of full screen to the point that my host device taskbar is visible restores normal typing functionality.

Very annoying at first but now it's second nature to double-click the top bar to take it out of full screen when I connect.

@Aaron_Krueger If you circle your mouse on an empty part of the desktop do you get zero lag, but then if you do the same over some desktop icons it lags really badly?