Does Windows 365 include Microsoft 365 Licensing

Copper Contributor

Both Business and Enterprise versions indicate they:

• Supports the desktop versions of Office apps, Outlook, and OneDrive
  • Supports the desktop versionof Microsoft Teams

Support does not mean include.

Also for Enterprise I have found:

Windows 365 Enterprise users must be licensed for Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 11 Enterprise, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, and Azure Active Directory P1. In addition to being available independently, these licenses are included in Microsoft 365 F3, Microsoft 365 E3, Microsoft 365 E5, Microsoft 365 A3, Microsoft 365 A5, Microsoft 365 Business Premium, and Microsoft 365 Education Student Use Benefit subscriptions.

So it is obvious Enterprise requires additional licensing for Microsoft 365, there is nothing for business though.

Can you spell out, including a link to reference material on the site what is included and if there is additional cost what it is. 

We want access to Office, SharePoint, One Drive, Exchange Online and want to know the cost. Last I looked at Azure to set up 5 machines by the time configured the networking, AAD, AADS, AVD Office Microsoft had us scheduled to be paying over $1000 per month which was nothing like the pricing on the virtual machines.

So can you give us a way to price the whole environment to get up and running. It would be nice to be able to put together easily what Microsoft pricing is

3 Replies
I havent got the all the info you requre but hopefully this is a start for you

You need a licenses for both the Cloud PC and Office 365, im currently running Windows 365 business and Microsoft Business Premium license for Office 365

So my cloud PC is £60 a month plus a Microsoft Business premimum license = £75 ish
Thanks for your reply Philip, and confirming it on behalf of Microsoft Eric. Pitty Microsoft could not be the one to provide the definitive answer.

Microsoft is by definition becoming a click bait environment. Oh you want this service well ok to run that you also need this other infrastructure and other services and will cost you XYZ. Microsoft needs to provide a functionality that gives to people the ability to say: OK I want 5 Azure desktops running Microsoft 365 in this reagion, and it then sets up a table to say well to do this you will need these network interfaces, those directory services x subnets and will cost you from this amount. Or for us to say ok we want 5 Windows 365 with microsoft 365 running on them, and microsoft to sat ok this is the infrastructure and licenses required to set that up.

Instead we buy the AVDs and then find we need these other pieces and suddenly you are paying a huge fee as it all adds on with every click.

It is just frustrating

@SpiriGroup, sorry for delay, short answer to does Windows 365 include M365 license is no.  Windows 365 license is not bundled with any licensing plans and is always a separate license.  That said the requirements for Enterprise are different than Business option of Windows 365, let me provide some color to the official docs to help. 

For Business, there is not requirement beside a user needs to have Azure AD account to use Cloud PC, this doc explains = Get started with Windows 365 Business and Cloud PCs - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs

For Enterprise, it gets a bit more complicated because of licensing which is often confusing.  In short, users must have Cloud licenses for Windows, Intune, Azure AD, and Windows 365 to use their Cloud. PC.  Most often organizations will purchase M365 E3 license which includes the needed Windows, Intune, Azure AD P1.  The Cloud PC license is separate. Windows 365 requirements | Microsoft Docs.  Also, M365 E3 includes M365 apps (aka Office) so you will be covered for that.  M365 E3 includes O365 E3 licenses. 

So confusing at times.  Hope this helps