Data Backup for Windows 365 Business

Copper Contributor
731 / 5000
I like the Windows 365 product solution and we already use this virtual workplace in our organization. However, it is legally required to make an external backup of our application data on a regular basis. We use Acronis Protection software; this transfers the backup data to one of our servers via ftp, about 10 GB per day. Unfortunately, Windows 365 has an outbound data transfer limit of 20 GB per month, which I think is way too low. Which way would you recommend backing up your data? OneDrive is not suitable, the data must be transferred to one of our computers. Thank you for your efforts and best regards, Helmut Ro.
1 Reply

@helmutro Thanks do much for the feedback. A couple thoughts:

- We are working on a way to allow folks to buy for/pay for data exceeding the egress limits in the Windows 365 Business service. We will share more information on it as we make progress, feedback taken and triaged!

- Egress limits do not apply to our Windows 365 Enterprise product, as of today. All egress is via the Azure VNET that you bring to the service. I would recommend evaluating that offering.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback!