Cisco AnyConnect VPN Not Working!

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to connect to client network using Cisco AnyConnect VPN and after successful authentication I am getting below error message:

VPN establishment capability for a remote user is disabled. A VPN connection will not be established.

I understand this is a restriction from Cisco server configuration however I support multiple clients and some of them use Cisco server while others use a different software entirely so it doesn't seem reasonable to ask each one of them to update their configuration for my sake alone.

I already checked below explained hack however it doesn't work anymore.

https://blog.expta.com/2020/04/how-to-enable-cisco-anyconnect-vpn.html

Is there anyway on Windows 365 appliance to overcome this? Without this my Windows 365 setup would be useless. Please help!

I have created ticket # 27044074 for this issue.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Same issue. Found a work around using the OpenConnect-GUI for Windows. It's a few years old. But works.

@snevas 

I got this problem when using Anyconnect in a Hyper-V environment.

(Link removed by admin)

This post just resolved the issue.

Anyway, it seems Anyconnect doesn't accept a "remote" connection or any suspicious actions that make you not a local user (like Hyper-V).

Root cause of this issue from the support case that was opened was the Cisco client was old, ensure to use the latest Cisco client.

@snevas this is my exact issue.  VPN has stopped working and I cannot get any work done.  My school IT is telling me there is no fix, and they will send me a new laptop next week (I work remotely 95% of the time.)  This does not seem right to me, although they are IT experts, and I am not.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  I have done everything possible, reboot, re-install, etc.  VPN says "ready to connect" but the window to enter credentials does not appear.  An attempt to connect via Teamsviewer was made and also failed.  Thank you, Ann