SOLVED

Windows start menu - recent documents?

Iron Contributor

Hello,

In my old Windows start menu (classic shell) if I hovered over excel or word, it would show me the latest documents I was working on - far more efficient if I wanted to go back and work on a document I had recently worked on.  Is there a way to enable that with the new start menu?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Boe Dillard (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Not from the "stat" menu, but if you save the word icon to your taskbar first, you can then hover over it, then right click your mouse and you'll see the list you're talking about.

Thanks - that is very dissappointing. I was trying to get used to using the new pinned start menu but not being able to right click on an app for recent documents is very limiting. I hate to say it but I may yet again to back to the classicshell start menu since for some reason MS still can't get it right. The new pinned start menu isn't bad but the recent docs in that startmenu is essential IMHO.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Boe Dillard (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Not from the "stat" menu, but if you save the word icon to your taskbar first, you can then hover over it, then right click your mouse and you'll see the list you're talking about.

View solution in original post