Windows copy/recycle/paste, WhatsApp bug in windows 11

Copper Contributor

Heyy,

I hope someone can help me with this issue I've been facing since I upgraded to windows 11. I had recently gotten the message that my PC was compatible with windows 11 and me being the impatient fool that I am decided to use the windows 11 media creation tool and install it. I had barely used it for a day when I started encountering this error where every time I copy a file, the dialog box opens and works perfectly fine until it reaches 100%, after which the dialog box stops responding ( i am unable to close it, minimize it or interact with it). it's like the copy window just doesn't exist. the only way I could fix this was to restart the file manager in task manager. the next day I noticed a similar issue in Whatsapp desktop where once a call placed from the app has ended, the dialog box of that call appears as a black box and again I'm unable to interact with it. this has also happened with the lively wallpaper app that I'm using.  these unresponsive windows always remain on top of the screen no matter which other window I open which makes it even more annoying

I hope someone could help me with this issue and give me a permanent solution. I've searched hours for a fix on the net without luck.

p.s I've already tried troubleshooting and reinstalling windows 11 altogether with no luck

0 Replies