Windows 22H2 reports incorrect locale

Copper Contributor

Since upgrading to 22H2 I have noticed that some applications such as Power BI have started incorrectly using the $ symbol for currency columns instead of my local £ sign. Excel, however, does use the correct currency symbol.

Some of the Power BI websites (such as the consulting services site) state that my profile is located in the United States when it should be in the United Kingdom (the latter may be my error).   

I suspect this issue may extend all the way to the way the OS is managing/comparing dates.  I say this because since I upgraded 22H2, date tables in Power BI created using CALENDER/CALENDARAUTO are no longer behaving correctly with the time intelligence DAX functions in Power BI (eg . TOTALYTD is producing strange results when a few weeks ago, it worked perfectly).

1 Reply
Good afternoon,

Kindly go to Windows Settings --> Language and Clock --> Language & Region set region and regional format to the one you wish to use.

You may also reorder the languages for apps as well,

If you are using edge, Ctrl-L to go to the navigation bar and go to this url: edge://settings/languages

Change the order of the languages Edge will try to show first :)

have a wonderful day!

Shawn