Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Good day. 1 month ago I bought a new laptop with win 11 home in it.  Please tell me is this windows free to use or over some time it will ask me to prolong the licence?

The current status is "Active"

Thanks 

3 Replies

@Rostyslav980  Hi,

Find your Windows product key - Microsoft Support

If the manufacturer installed the original copy of Windows11 - then for sure for about 10 years - from the release it will be updated free of charge!

Windows is not free. It must be activated with a proper paid license.

Since you bought laptop with Windows 11 pre-installed, it may an OEM license installed and because of it, you're getting Active status. So at this stage, you don't need to worry about activation. The OEM activation won't expire unless you change motherboard of the system.

I highly recommend you to link your Windows 11 license with Microsoft account by signing in to your Microsoft account on the device.

It means that your copy of Windows 11 Home is currently activated and ready for use. This activation is typically permanent and does not expire unless there is a significant change to your computer's hardware or you make unauthorized changes to your operating system. As long as you don't violate any licensing terms or conditions, you should be able to use Windows 11 Home on your laptop indefinitely without having to renew or prolong your license.