SOLVED

WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE

Copper Contributor

kevinbouah_0-1664441369944.png

Why can my system not download the files shown in screen shot? The 3 x files are something to do are ''Realtek Extension''. This is after my Windows 11 has prompted me to upgrade my system? Please help...as my HP - PC is 6 months old. It has a 500GB hard Drive and 16GB RAM processor?

9 Replies
best response confirmed by kevinbouah (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kevinbouah 

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Hi, the easiest way will be to download the Windows11 Installation Assistant, it is safe and most often helps , but if there is still an error then write the error code.:)

You are a Star!
I have EXACTLY the same issue with my wife's PC...but it wont accpet the solution you have sent me?...very strange?...the PC is also 6months old, but has an 8GB RAM processor?

@AME ISSUE I HAVE HAD?

@kevinbouah 

Windows Update Troubleshooter (microsoft.com)

Please this is the next step, if it does not help please write.

In this link below there may be an explanation for this error:

Windows Update Error 0x80070103 - Microsoft Community

Official HP® Drivers and Software Download | HP® Customer Support

Hi, no luck… so far. Tried downloading Realtek drivers too…still same “fault” appears after the Windows Update runs?

@kevinbouah 

If you have installed an antivirus by the manufacturer (third-party)-then try to disable it and restart the computer.

@kevinbouah 

Realtek Semiconductor Corp Extension updates - Microsoft Community

After reading this thread, I have another idea. run ( Sound Problem Repair Tool ) and try to disable surround sound and other extensions during the repair

That download ''sorted'' my wife's PC. Thx and Much appreciated
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kevinbouah (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kevinbouah 

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Hi, the easiest way will be to download the Windows11 Installation Assistant, it is safe and most often helps , but if there is still an error then write the error code.:)

View solution in original post