Windows 11 upgrade download stops at 8% then goes back to update screen

Copper Contributor

System past check and is ready to upgrade to windows 11.

When I attempt to download, the download will stop at 8% then goes back to update screen.

I have deleted the Distribution file 3 times, this does not help.

43 Replies
Perhaps manually downloading the ISO will be the solution?
Did you ever find a solution to this issue, I am suffering the same problem in April 28, 2022.

@ansus2190 Hi

Please download the Update Assistant - which will prepare the system for the new installation. it is safe, does not delete personal files, etc. does not change the settings and does not delete the application!

Good luck

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

I have tried the Update Assistant and Iso and Media Tool, each time at "Updates" each methode failed.
Uninstall the PC health validator and download again.
some process perhaps a third-party antivirus is blocking?

@ansus2190  Ended up doing a fresh install from an ISO thumb drive to a new hard drive

Just uninstalled windows Health check and tried downlod again, same failure.
Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80070003)

Windows update trouble shoot passes as does DISM and sfc /scannow. Hardware all new and passes the check as compatible. Microsoft offers the machine windows 11 via updates but the download stalls at 8% with message " Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: "(0x80070003)

Note: Other updates have installed successfuly! So updates is working.

@ansus2190 

Since this is a new computer - this is not a Windows error - it was the manufacturer who installed the application with the highest permissions, or with unsigned drivers, I would uninstall everything from the computer manufacturer, and what kind of company is it?

Device name DESKTOP-4373M17
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID FFCAC22C-9D00-47BD-8086-7FDA5045846A
Product ID 00330-71469-16508-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11-‎December-‎2019
OS build 19044.1620
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

My old C:\ Drive was cloned to the new C:\ drive so kept all apps/software and data. Waiting on 32GB RAM for the PC, had that but one stick failed, now with loan 8 GB at the moment, the 32GB will arrive next week.

"My old C:\ Drive was cloned to the new C:\ dive so kept all apps/software and data."
This is the cause - cloning!

I don't believe so - at the time it was moved from MBR to GPT. DISM Fine, sfc /scannow fine. Other windows updates installing fine.

ansus2190_0-1651184161798.png

Macrium) if I'm rather sure I'm right?
The Motherboard is Gigabyte.
ACRONIS is my software for backup.