Windows 11 Upgrade caused Outlook 365 Font/Format Issue

Copper Contributor

Ran into a very strange issue after my laptop was upgraded to Windows 11. After calling Microsoft for support, I was asked to come here for resolution.

Everything worked okay on the latest version of Windows 10. After updating to Windows 11, everything ran great until today. I was reading an email and everything looked correct. After rebooting my laptop, reading Outlook emails looks like below....

Outlook Formatting and Fount IssueOutlook Formatting and Fount Issue

There is a narrow column using a different font.  Looking at my signature, the formatting and font looks different; see snapshot below.

Signature is Displayed Incorrectly in OutlookSignature is Displayed Incorrectly in Outlook

In Signatures and Stationery, when editing my signature, it looks correct; see snapshot below.

Signature Edit Displays CorrectlySignature Edit Displays Correctly

In Signatures and Stationery, the font settings are correct; see snapshot below.

Stationary is Set CorrectlyStationary is Set Correctly
Viewing the Source of the email in Outlook, it shows a different style font, could this be the issue? 

TheDecimalZero_0-1648665822610.png

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office, that didn't work.
I upgraded Windows 11 to Version 10.0.22581.200 and that didn't work; see snapshot below.

TheDecimalZero_1-1648666068189.png

Word, PowerPoint, and Excel seem okay, this is only happening to Outlook. The version of Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO is Version 2201 Build 16.0.14827.20216, the 64-bit version.

Has anyone run into this before?

4 Replies

@TheDecimalZero  I had the same exact issue , it is enough that you disable the "Immersive Reading" feature which is under the visualization tab in the main outlook window.

@egherardini 

exactly the same problem!

@egherardini this solved my (same) problem... THANK YOU!

glad I could help!