Windows 11 Update made OS sluggish and games lag.

Copper Contributor

My IdeaPad L340-15IRH Gaming feels sluggish after an update. I don't know which update caused it. I installed Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032288) and the next day means today I got another update Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5033375) and my game started lagging. I mostly play Valorant which was working fine until yesterday and now it's lagging and I'm unable to play.
btw I'm on win11 22H2 
Is there any way to roll back the updates or any other fix?
I didn't find any direct option to rollback in settings.
I am a noob so help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I removed KB5033375 and KB5032288 but there were still issues then I removed KB5032190 and everything is almost back to normal but today the issue started again so I checked the uninstalled update section again and KB5032190 was still present I tried to uninstall it again but it's not uninstalling 

EDIT 2: Reinstalled the OS and now it's working fine!

9 Replies

@WindowsFcksMeEveryday Same issue happening to me on Asus G14.

Make sure report this issue using the Feedback Hub app.
You may uninstall the latest updates (before problem started) and see if that solved the issue?
Have a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-uninstall-a-windows-update-c77b8f9b-e4dc-4e9f-a80...

I found the solution, just download AMD Drivers, Find your specific chipset. Seems like graphic drivers are uninstalled during windows 11 update https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...

@WindowsFcksMeEveryday 

my laptop has an Intel processor btw and the problem was solved after uninstalling KB5033375 , KB5032288, and KB5032190.
Edit: the issue started again 

thanks, mate I did that yesterday I removed KB5033375 and KB5032288 but there were still issues then I removed KB5032190 and everything is almost back to normal.
Edit: the issue started again 

Thank you for the update and make sure report this issue using the Feedback Hub app.
Reinstall is the most effective approach for weird issues. It would take hours even or days for trouble shooting the error as the Internet is flood by various unverified suggestions.
that's true!
but reinstalling OS is not as easy as rebooting PC and Windows QA is **bleep** they roll out garbage build without testing so can't just reinstall every now and then.
Reinstalling the operating system is the last option when nothing works. Sometimes with few troubleshooting steps you could solve the issue in few minutes or even in few hours. However , reinstalling means you have to reinstall all programs and you have to make sure you have all product keys and reconfigure all settings and so on.