Windows 11 Start menu and taskbar are useless...

Brass Contributor

So I upgraded my PC and installed Windows 11 to give it a try... What a disappointment...

Start menu is just a pin collection of apps... I can't categorize any application like before... I had a group with folders, one with work applications, one for games etc. 

The taskbar is only there for apps... I used to have folders pinned also for super quick access... That is gone also. 

And all these menus under submenus...

And to add something. Why always combine taskbar buttons and hide labels? For minimalism? This is looks (it doesn't look better???) over functionality. Now the taskbar is always empty making switching between windows such a messy mindless experience... 

We are not MAC users MS... I'm getting back to Windows 10. Not going to bother...

3 Replies
Please provide your feedback to Windows engineering team via Feedback hub app. You can launch the app by pressing Windows key + F.
Yes, you're right. Organizing similar applications in the folders, was a good feature in Windows 10's start menu. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in Windows 11.
You think that they didn't notice that it's missing?? :)