Windows 11 is freezing - First noticed when using the Spotify app.

Copper Contributor

hello everyone,

For some reason, Windows 11 keeps freezing. I thought the issue was solved with the update to the AMD processor handling receptions several weeks ago. But the system has started freezing again. 

I am not able to run Spotify (MS store App or Edge browser) without my PC freezing. I have to hold the power button for a hard reset. 

The system just froze on me while watching a YouTube video. I am not sure what the underlying issue is but it's very annoying and making my system unreliable. How am I supposed to work knowing that my PC can freeze at any moment? 

I am not sure how to pull the crash logs but below is the system and windows specs.

Device name Desktop-Main2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
Device ID FC399C9A-211F-49B1-97CF-1A81120C552C
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA182
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎26/‎2021
OS build 22000.348
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.348.0

6 Replies
Have you tried updating the Graphic card driver?
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Try perform a Clean Boot and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
I have a few handheld radios that I need to update the frequencies and when I connect to the USB, it fails to connect. In device manager and Ports it says - "Please install corresponding PL2303 driver to support Windows 11 and further OS" I have tried different ways and still it won't update drivers/COM ports. I've run out of ideas (as for a novice). Has anyone been across this and sorted it?
I hate the Nuke option. I was on the phone with Microsoft a little over a month ago and had to do that to get off the evaluation version of Win. 11.

I did just go through and update the graphic card and Chip drivers. I will test it out tomorrow But the Clean reboot consumes too much time. I am just coming back from the Mac environment, If I have to continuously clean reinstall my OS just to get the thing running I might as well as go back to Mac.
No, the Clean Boot is fast, it is just a restart with fewer services and you could enable them later on. It is a way to troubleshoot the issue.
So what used to be called booting in safe mode in prior versions of windows. No, I haven't tried that. Haven't had time to test the spotify. Have too many working/research windows open to risk losing the information I have up.
No, the Clean Boot is Different with the Safe Mode. Safe Mode is the following:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644...
In safe mode system will boot with minimum services while secure boot will have essentials Windows and Microsoft Services. Nothing will be lost and it is a way to troubleshoot the problem.
In this case, make sure file a bug report in the Feedback Hub app.